Friday, July 20, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 7/20/12

Happy Weekend! I hope you've had as great of a week as we have.  Leighton worked a little bit less this week and we've enjoyed having him home more. We had fun with family at my niece's grad party on Saturday and visited friends on Thursday. This week we also got back to a more structured time for schooling. Now, let's smile!


1. Jake: "I can't wait to go to heaven. I'm going to be happy forever! And . . . there's gold there! And I think the bathroom will be huge in heaven, probably bigger than our whole house."

2. Zac, hugging on the baby: "I'm so glad to see you!"

3. Leighton: "Guess who's going to teach the lesson in your class next week?"
Jake: "I don't know."
Me: "You kinda look like him."
Jake: {confused look}
Me: "You share a name with him."
Jake: {confused look}
Me: "You live with him."
Jake: "Zac?"
Alyssa: "Daddy!"
 
4. Zac, talking about baby Tyler: "Can you feed him for me?"
Me: "Yes."
Zac: "Thank you."

5. Alyssa: "Mommy, can we make a tree house on the ground?"
Jake: "Then it wouldn't be a tree house."
Alyssa: "Mommy, can we make a ground house on the ground?"

6. Jake, talking about Tyler: "His feet smell like macaroni and cheese! Can I eat them?"

7. Jake, while doing math work: "I want to do all the pages today."
Me: "That would take ALL day to do."
Jake: "I don't care. I want to learn."



8.


9. Alyssa was very crabby, so Jake read her a book to cheer her up. The book just happened to be A Bad, Bad Day. Once he finished reading, she said "thank you" and returned to playing, attitude changed.

10. Jake, while watching the rain on the van windshield: "Why is the roof sucking up the water?"

11. Jake: "Even the turtle's face looks painted. It looks like an artist painted it."
Me: "And Who was the artist?"
Jake: "God!"

12. My interesting day.

13. Zac: "Mommy, my butt hurts. Can you kiss my butt?"

14. Zac, talking about Alyssa: "Her's not a kid. Her's just a girl."

15. Jake: "If Superman were real, he wouldn't stand a chance against Jesus."


What made you smile this week? Leave a comment letting us know!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment