Friday, September 28, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 9/28/12

Happy Friday! Leighton took Jake hunting (along with my brother, grandpa, and uncle) for the first time last weekend. They didn't see any deer close enough to shoot, but they had a great time together. My brother shot two deer and gave us one of them, so we have a freezer full of venison again. Yea! Alyssa and Zac asked to stay at my parents' house, so it was just the baby and me all day Saturday. Do you know how quiet my house was??? Or how much I was able to accomplish???  Oh, how I love organizing.

Here are a few more things that made me smile this week.


1. Me: "You need to brush your teeth."
Zac: "But it's so boring."

2. Alyssa: "I'm sillier than I thought I would be."

3. The 3 kids were playing in the other room. I was folding clothes while listening to our church Christmas cantata on my iPod.  As soon as I started singing along, the kids came running.
Me: "Yes?"
Jake: "We heard you singing."
Zac: "Mommy you can sing more."
Alyssa: "I like when you sing."

4. Leighton & Me: "Ok."
Me: "Jinx. You owe me a kiss."
Zac: "No, you say 'Jinx. You owe me a cream soda.'"

5. While talking about poor people . . .
Jake: "I would give them all my money."
Alyssa: "I would give them a penny."
Zac: "I would give them my hair."

6. Jake, commanding: "Stop chewing with food in your mouth, Alyssa."

7. Zac, while helping me transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer: "Woohoo! This is so fun!"

8. Tyler  loves to play with my hair, especially while he's eating. He reaches over and runs his hand through it, never pulling, always caressing. It's the sweetest thing.

9. We threw some leftover bread out to the birds and squirrels. A little while later, we watched a squirrel hide a piece of bread on our neighbors' roof. Then, it ran back to find more. It picked up another piece and took off in a different direction and hid it, as well. It was really interesting to watch and was a good biology lesson as we discussed why it was storing food.

10. Zac, out of the blue: "On your mark, get set, race! {takes off running} Hahaha, I told ya I could win!"

11. Me: "Zac, don't pick your nose."
Zac: "But I'm trying to get that thing that's up there."


What made you smile this week?
 
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I like when you sing as well. And yes, you can sing more. How about a concert for us? Up to it?

    ReplyDelete