Friday, October 5, 2012

Pantry Surprise 10/5/12

I think my 6 year old is sending me subliminal messages. Let me explain.

I always go grocery shopping on Fridays while we're at my parents' house. They watch the kids while I head to the store. (Can you say blessed???) That 1-2 hours is my me-time for the entire week. That's not the only reason I choose to go by myself though. Whenever  the whole family goes shopping together, it takes much longer and we end up spending much more money. 

I'll let you in on a not-so-secret secret, I like to save money. I know, shocker, right? So, the idea of spending more money than I need to is not my idea of a good time. (That's partly why we enjoy DIY so much.) And the kids know this, of course. They know how important it is to buy things on sale. And they especially know about my relationship with coupons (i.e. #8.)  Me + Coupons = Love


So, there I was, minding my own business, compiling my list for the store today. And what did I find???



A Lego piece in with my coupons!

He must figure that the more I see Legos with coupons, the more I'll start to associate them with saving money. And the more I recognize them as saving money, the more likely I'll be to start buying them regularly. Pretty tricky, I tell ya.

Subliminal messages at its finest.


Hmm, I wonder if it would work if I tried keeping my cleaning supplies in his room . . .



Want to see more crazy surprises? The entire list can be found here.
Pin It

1 comment: