Friday, November 16, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 11/16/12

Happy Friday! I keep forgetting to say something and since this is the last day . . . We were nominated for the 8th Annual Homeschool Blog Awards! It is such an honor to be nominated in any category, and we were chosen for three! If you would like to help us, you can vote for Raising Leafs for 1) Best Homeschool Mom Blog, 2) Best Crafts, Plans, & Projects Blog, and 3) Best Homemaking or Recipes Blog. It's so simple and takes 3 clicks and only a couple seconds. We appreciate it!    


1. Jake, about Tyler: "He's 100% cute."

2. Alyssa picked up a piece of foam pretend wood and said, "This is so arbitrary." 

3. Jake, to Tyler: "You're my favorite boy. For now at least."

4. Jake: "I know why Jesus likes people being right-handed, because you're supposed to do the right things." (Sorry, my left-handed husband. Ha!)

5. Leighton: "Give Mommy a hug and kiss. It's time for bed."
Jake: "I already did. I'll give her another one though. {gives me hug} I could do this all day. That's how much I love you."

6. Zac: "Mommy, Lyssa called me Zac. That's not my name?"
Me: "Oh, no?"
Zac: "No, my name is Zachy!"

7. Tyler took his first big boy bath in the big tub.



8. I was making chocolate chip pumpkin muffins and was talking to Leighton and not paying attention to what I was doing. I ended up grating my knuckle along with the nutmeg. As I was laughing about it, Alyssa dashed off. She returned a few minutes later with a coy smile and a band-aid. She said, "I just want to take care of you so you'll love me forever and ever." I explained that I'll love her forever no matter what. Then she said about the Strawberry Shortcake band-aid, I got you Blueberry instead of Lemon Meringue because I love Lemon and didn't want to waste them all."

9. Me: "I need to sweep again. I already swept once, but baby Tyler made a mess everywhere."
Alyssa, looking around, finally pointing: "He didn't make a mess there."

10. Zac walked into the kitchen asking for a chewable Vitamin C. As he was coughing repeatedly, heavily exaggerated, he was bobbing his head he smacked it right into the table. Leighton and I could not help but laugh. 

11. The kids and I were watching a performance of the Thousand-Hand Guanyin. Zac said, "Wow, her has lotta hands. Her has power."

12. Me: "I'm glad you like reading books."
Alyssa: "Yeah, it's like almost my favorite thing to do."



What made you smile this week? Share a memory!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment