Friday, March 1, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 3/1/13

Jake 7, Alyssa 4½, Zac 3, Tyler 11 m 

Happy Friday! I'm sitting at my parents' house, listening to Jake read a book to my dad. It makes me so happy to hear him read. It makes me even happier to hear him read when he doesn't "have" to. Homeschooling has been a blessing in so many ways. Though at times I struggle with feelings of wondering how well I'm teaching them and how well I'm able to juggle the parenting, the housework, the playing, and the schooling, these little ones always amaze me with the things they've learned. They fill my life with much joy, and I feel so blessed to be the one to spend each and every day with them. I could never write down every single time they make me smile, but I love reflecting each Friday on the memories that forever will be recorded.  


1. Jake: "I think I want to be a police officer when I grow up just to get the doughnuts . . . And maybe I'll get to kick down a door."

2. Me: "What was your favorite part about vacation?"
Zac: {thinking} ". . . Eating dinner!"

3. Zac, while hugging Tyler: "Can I keep him forever?"

4. Me: "What does Daddy do for work?"
Zac: "Play games!"

5. 



6. Zac to Alyssa because her bedroom light was left on: "The batteries are gonna die in your room."

7. Zac: "Do you smell that sound?"

8. Zac, about peanut-butter-filled pretzels: "It's ok; they're good for you. There's no worms in them."

9. Watching Zac play with his "friend" (aka his own reflection in the mirror.) 

10. Jake: "Mom, can I try something new, just for today?"
Me: "Ok, what's that?"
Jake: "Can I see how long I can sit still on the couch with my hands folded on my lap without talking?"

11. Leighton: "Where's Tyler?"
Zac: "In my room."
Leighton: "What's he doing?"
Zac: "Eating the pages off my books."


What made you smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment