Friday, April 12, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 4/12/13

Happy Friday! It has been cold and rainy all week, but we did manage to get outside for some geocaching over the weekend. It's one of our very favorite family activities, and we've been itching to get back into it. Leighton bought a new truck, we had a revival meeting at church, and Jake and Alyssa started soccer. I hope you've all had a good week, too. 

1. Alyssa: "What smells so crunchy?"

2. Zac: "But it will make me choke.
Me: "Just take a little bite."
Zac: "When I eat a little bite, it makes my tummy choke."

3. Zac, after I gave him some apple slices with peanut butter: "Mmm, yummy! You're pretty smart."

4. Me: "Zac, will you close that cupboard, please?"
Zac: "Yes, boss."

5.



6. Jake: "I know where it is, but I don't know where it is."

7. Alyssa: "I want to wear my sweater today. It makes me burning! Like a piece of toast."

8. Zac: "Tyler, do you love me?"
Tyler, crawling: "Da."
Zac, sad: "Oh, he doesn't love me."
Me: "Yes, he does."
Alyssa: "Well, he did move away."

9. Zac, holding a die upside down from Boggle: "What letter is this?"
Me: "E."
Zac: "Nope, you're wrong. It's a 3."

10. Zac: "Do you want to try a carrot and peanut butter?"
Alyssa: "Uh uh."
Zac: "But it's really, really yummy."
Alyssa {dips a carrot in the pb and takes a bite}: "Mmm, it is yummy!"

11. Zac, sad because Jake pushed him down: "Mom, he broke my heart."

12. Me, while looking at pictures: "Wow, my hair's getting long."
Jake: "Yeah, it's almost as long as Gandalf's."

13. Jake, putting money in the offering plate at church: "There are only dollars in there, no checks."
Me: "That's because it's not a regular offering. It's a special offering for the guest preacher."
Jake: "Oh, so he can get home?"

14. Jake: "We've had that since I was a baby. It's an antique!"



What made you smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment