Friday, May 10, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 5/10/13

Jake (7), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1) 


Happy Friday! It's a long list this week, so . . . let's get to the Smiles!
 

1. Alyssa: "This shoe is tight on me."
Me: "That's probably because it's on the wrong foot."

2. Me, kissing on Zac: "I could just kiss you and kiss you and kiss you! Could I kiss you forever???"
Zac, leaning his cheek toward me: "Sure, go ahead."

3. Zac and I were awake early one morning.
Me: "Shh, everyone's still sleeping."
Zac, whispering, innocently: "You're not still sleeping . . . and Daddy's at work. Not everyone's still sleeping."

4. Going on a date with Jake to a special mothers' day celebration in his Sunday School class. 



5. Zac, because I gave him watermelon: "You're a sweetie!"


7. Tyler picked up a chocolate bar, looked at me and said, "Eat!"

8. Alyssa, looking through my kitchen utensils: "What's this?"
Me: "A meat thermometer."
Alyssa: "So you know if it's sick or not?"

9. Me: "Why are you crying?"
Zac, bawling loudly: "I don't knoooow!"

10. Zac: "I am the only one to love you."
Me: "Oh, are you?"
Zac: "Yes. I love you all by myself."

11. Alyssa: "Tyler has a double chin."
Jake: "So does Millard Fillmore."

12. While reading a character-building devotional book with the kids (review coming in a few weeks), I said "it was eating her alive," meaning that the situation was difficult and stressful. My children literally thought it was eating her alive! The looks on their faces were priceless.

13. Zac: "Is it my half-birthday?'"
Me: "Yes, it was."
Zac: "When's it going to be my fixed birthday?" (because if it's only a half, it must be 'broken'.)

14. Zac, sad: "Mommy, I love you, but Jake said you're always jovial. And you're not. You're mommy."

15. Jake: "If Dad doesn't sell his truck, can we fill it with shaving cream and leave it in the hot sun?"
Me: "Why?"
Jake: "So it'll blow up!"
Me: "Says who?"
Jake: "MythBusters." 

16. Zac: "I don't have an attitude now. See? My face is smiling."


What made you smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment