Friday, May 24, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 5/24/13

Jake (7), Alyssa (5), Zac (3), Tyler (1)


Happy Friday! We spent a lot of time outside this week - weeding, planting, playing in the sprinkler, cleaning up, preparing the garden, and enjoying the fresh air. Tomorrow we'll all be going to my brother's to celebrate the holiday. I love spending time with my family. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend as well!
  

1. Jake: "How do most people make pancakes and waffles and stuff if they don't make them from scratch?"
Me: "They use a mix where you just add water?"
Jake: "That's cheating."

2. Jake, looking at a map of the US: "What happened to the old York?"

3. Me: "Gramma's coming over tonight."
Zac: "Oh! I love her!"

4. Zac, holding a water bottle: "Look! I have water so I can be firsty."

5.


6. Me, after listing multiple ice cream flavors: ". . . So, what kind do you want?"
Zac: "Banilla."
Me: "Just plain ol' vanilla, really?"
Zac: "No. Regular banilla."

7. Zac: "I love you, Mom."
Me: "Aw, I love you, Zac."
Zac: "I keep saying that 'cause I super-duper love you."

8. Zac, while sitting on my lap: "You smell pretty."

9. Jake: "Hey Mom, this year I'll be 8. And then next year, I'll be 9. And then the next year after the next year, I'll be 10. In 4 years, I'll be 11. In 5 years, I'll be 12. In 6 years, I'll be 13 . . ."

10. Jake: "I think I put my feet on backwards today."

11. Alyssa: "Español! What does that mean."
Me: "Spanish."
Alyssa: "But what does it mean?"
Me: "Spanish."
Alyssa: "What does español mean?"
Me: "It means Spanish."
Alyssa: "But what does español mean?"
Me: "Español is the Spanish word for Spanish."
Alyssa: "Aaaaah."

12. Jake, getting ready to read: "Page 81, here I come!"
Me: "Hey, that rhymed."
Jake: "It's not eighty-ome, and it's not here I cone (cun). So, it doesn't rhyme."
Me: "Well, that's true; it's not a true rhyme. I forget what it's called when words don't rhyme exactly."
Jake: "It's called a fraud."

13. Jake, while playing Stack the States: "I'm looking for Misery." (Missouri)


What made you smile this week?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment