Friday, July 12, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 7/12/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)


Happy Friday! We did a little more canning this week, made a couple pies, spent a bit of time playing outside, and spent a lot of time organizing and getting ready for a yard sale. Did you have a good week, too? Share a Smile with us!


1. Zac, flipping a coin: "Hands or tails?"

2. Jake, as I was cutting our strawberry-rhubarb pie: "I can't wait to get that on my tongue."

3. Me, racing to the door when Leighton got home: "He's my daddy!"
Zac: "No, he's my daddy!'
Me: "Ha, I got him first, so he's my daddy."
Zac: "We can share him."
Me: "We can? Oh, I guess I can share him with you."
Zac: "Yeah, 'cause I love him to pieces . . . I can have half of him and you can have half."

4.

5. Zac, because I found the train he had been looking for: "Aww, Mommy, I'm so proud of you!"

6. Zac, while eating a piece of pie: "Our next 'speriment should be putting ice cream on our pie!"

7. Alyssa: "May we have some dip?"
Me: "What do you need dip for?"
Zac: "For dipping!"


8. Jake: "How many juice boxes are left?"
Zac, looking in the fridge: "Apparently, four."

9.

10 .Tyler learned to blow on his food when it's hot.

11. Zac, because my dad has a broken foot: "Race ya!"

12. Since no channels come through our tv, all we get is the black and white static across the screen. Leighton told the kids that it's the fly races. They all sat around the tv, watching intently, trying to figure out which fly would win the race.

13. Zac, reclining the couch because I sat down after hurting my leg: "You need to 'lax, Mommy."

14. Jake, because his bandaid kept falling off: "Can't I just put duct tape on it?"


What made you smile this week?
 
Pin It

1 comment: