Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 7/26/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)

Yes, yes, I know today is Tuesday.There's just been some extra things - good things - going on lately that haven't left me much time to post. So, without further ado, let's Smile!


1. Jake, during a discussion about the 5 senses: "You know what else you can smell? Trouble."

2. I wasn't supposed to look in the living room as Zac was making me a present out of Legos. He walked into the kitchen and dropped his creation on the floor, breaking it into pieces. As he was reassembling it, he told me, "If you look at me, you just need to close your eyes. If you want to say 'I love you' to me, you just need to say it and close your eyes."

3. Me: "What's 6+1?"
Alyssa: "7."
Me: What's 5+2?"
Alyssa: "7."
Me: What's 0+7?"
Alyssa: "7!"
Me: What's 4+3?"
Alyssa: "7!"
Me: "What's 2+5?"
Alyssa: "7!"
Me: "What's 94+7?"
Alyssa: "7!"

4. How I found Tyler after his nap:


5.  Zac, standing behind the pantry door: "Mommy, you go try to find me in the living room."

6. Me: "Zac, did you start the dishwasher?"
Zac, hesitantly: "Um . . . I think it was Alyssa's keys."
Me: "And were you holding Alyssa's keys?"
Zac: "Yes."

7. Jake woke up and organized his sock and underwear drawer, just because he wanted to.

8.  Alyssa, looking at a globe: "I'm looking for Earth."
Me: "The whole thing is Earth."
Alyssa: "But I'm trying to find the planet where we live."
Leighton: "The whole globe is the planet. Are you trying to find our country?"
Alyssa: "Yeah!"
Jake, pointing: "It's right here."
Zac: "I'll find where Tyler lives. Tyland!"
Me: "Thailand is a real country."
Zac: "Yeah, it's where you tie yourself up."

9. Jake: "If my arm gets cut off, can I get a robot arm?"

10. Jake, about something that had happened a couple hours earlier: "I remember it like it was yesterday."


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment