Friday, July 5, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 7/5/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)


Happy Friday! What a fantastic week it's been. Leighton and I went away last weekend to celebrate our anniversary. My parents watched the kids and we enjoyed a few days by ourselves. We all went to pick strawberries yesterday and came home with 23 lbs. We've canned 3 batched of jam and 5 batches of compote and still have a bunch left to make more yummy goodness. Leighton worked only 3 days this week because of the holiday. We've loved having him home! We also got our very own Poppy because we loved the book so much. Even though this list is small, we've had lots of smiles this week.  

1. Zac: "May I have a pepper?"
Me, cutting produce: "Would you like orange or yellow?"
Zac: "Um, green."

2. Jake, while at the pet store: "Let's see if they have monkeys!"

3. Zac: "Look at my face. It's stuck to my face."
Me: "What's stuck to your face?"
Zac: "My whole face is stuck to my face."
Me: "Well, isn't that a good thing?"
Zac: "Yeah. But how do I get it off?"
Me: "Why would you want to take your face off?"
Zac: "So I can be a monster!" 

4.

5. Zac, after being out of the bathtub for a few minutes: "Oh, no! My hands aren't wrinkly anymore. I want my hands wrinkly."

6. Zac, eating lettuce from my parents' garden: "Gramma, your leaves are yummy."

7. Alyssa: "Do you know why I chose a purple balloon? All the other ones tasted yucky."


What made you smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment