Sunday, October 13, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 10/11/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5½), Zac (3½), Tyler (1½)


Happy Weekend! As promised, here are last week's Smiles!


1. Zac, upset: "Alyssa squeezed my neck."
Me: "Alyssa, did you do that?"
Alyssa: "No, I was just giving him a hug."
Zac: "She was trying to hug me dead!"

2. Jake: "Can I eat so many carrots that I turn orange, please?"
Alyssa: "Me too, please!"

3. Zac, while playing Go Fish: "Mom! Alyssa's cheating! She keeps asking for the cards I have."

4.

5. One of the kids saw someone pull up to our house, so the other two went running to the window to watch a lady bring a package to our door. Since she was driving a car instead of the usual brown (UPS) or white (FedEx or UPSP) truck, they were intrigued. I opened the door, picked up the box, and saw that it was my subscription shipment from Amazon. Jake was disappointed, "Finally, something suspicious happens, and all it is is someone delivering my mom's coconut oil! Seriously? Not cool, man. Not cool."

6. Zac, about a bent nail he found: "It looks like a 7!"

7. Alyssa: "Hey, Mom, could you hook me up with something to eat?" 

8. Jake, frustrated because Tyler was getting into everything: "Papa is definitely getting me a rope for my birthday so I can tie Tyler up!"
Me: "I don't think so."
Jake: "No, seriously, he told me."

9. Me: "What do you guys what for dinner tonight?"
Alyssa: "Spaghetti!"
Jake: "But we don't have any chopsticks."

10. Jake was sitting at the table doing math and making the most obnoxious noises.
Me: "Do you have to make those sounds?"
Jake: "Yes."
Me: "Boys--they're so different from girls."
Jake, proudly: "Yeah, we're much grosser."

11.

12. Alyssa finished telling me about something that happened at church.
Me: "So, you had a good attitude?"
Alyssa: "Yes. I made the right decision."

13. Zac: "Pretty! Mommy, I said you're pretty. I will tell you all the day that you're pretty."

14. Zac called me into the bathroom after he had finished. I pulled off the last of the toilet paper and said, "Oh, we're out of toilet paper. I'll have to get another roll." He looked down sadly and said, "I'm sorry I used it all." I looked and saw a pile of it in the toilet. I asked, "Why did you use all that? Did you try to wipe yourself?" "No," he said sincerely, "I wanted to give it a home."


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the smile and giggles this morning! Have a blessed Monday!

    ReplyDelete