Jake (7½), Alyssa (5½), Zac (4), Tyler (1½)
I seem to be making a habit of posting my Smiles late. Leighton was home for four days during the Thanksgiving holiday. We got a bunch of things done around the house, got the Christmas decorations up, and spent as much time together as a family as possible. I didn't want to take the time to work on a blog post, so it was pushed to another day. Well, one day became two, and two became three, and here we are over a week later. Any day is a good day to Smile though, right?
2. Jake, listing his favorites: "Food: pizza à la mode."
Me: "And have you ever had pizza à la mode?"
Jake: "Well, no, but pizza's good and ice cream's good, so I said them as one so I could still say them both."
3. Alyssa: "I could do that in a jippy."
4. Jake: "Why would anybody think that Santa was real anyway? I mean, who can live, like, 2,000 years?"
Me: "Yeah, and how can they believe that he could pass out presents to every house in the whole world in one night?"Jake: "Well, technically, it would only be half of the world at a time, because when it's night on one half of the world, it's day on the other."
6. Zac: "What are those?"
Zac, shocked: "Cowwebs?!? How did cows get in our house?"
7. Alyssa, lifting a 3 lb weight: "This will make you stronger, right? I wish it made you smarter."
8. Zac: "Will Tyler always be a baby."
Me: "No, not always."
Zac: "He's going to grow up?"
Me: "Yes, one day."
Zac: "Which day?"
10. Me: "My pretty, green-eyed girl."
Alyssa: "Hmph. I want blue eyes."
Me; "But your green eyes are so pretty."
Alyssa, staring at me: "What color are your eyes?"
Alyssa, shocked: "Really?"
Me: "No, they're blue."
11. Alyssa, helping me with laundry: "What's this?"
Me: "Stain stick."
Alyssa: "Oh, to make sure the stains stay on the clothes?"
What made you smile?