Friday, January 17, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 1/17/14

Jake (8), Alyssa (5½), Zac (4), Tyler (1½)


Happy Friday! This week has been fun: gum in Alyssa' hair, an exploding garbage disposal, spilled mess in the pantry, and the typical shenanigans from Tyler. We also spent a lot of time purging and reorganizing. 

Did you have a good week, too? Share a smile with us!


1. Jake: "Tyler's so crazy it's like there's a chipmunk running around in his head."

2. Zac, after I kissed him: "Ooh, we got married!"

3. Alyssa, watching the garbage men: "Oh, no! They're taking all our garbage!"

4. Zac: "You're making french toast? Aawww! I love you."

5. Listening to Leighton read the kids their bedtime story.


6. Zac: "Tyler, wanna be my new friend?"
Tyler: "Uh huh."
Jake: "Hey, Ty-ty, wanna be my new friend?"
Zac: "No!"
Jake: "Hey, Ty-ty, wanna be my new friend?"
Tyler: "Rawr."
Zac: "I think rawr means no."

7. Jake was reminiscing and used the words "when I was a kid."

8. Zac, after watching Leighton drill holes in the wall: "Daddy, why are there two little holes in the wall?"

9. Jake: "Mom, have you unlocked your true potential yet?"

10. Watching Jake use the fork part of my salad tongs as a back scratcher.

11. Jake: "Haven't you heard that old saying, 'If you touch fire, you'll regret it. If you don't regret it, you're toast.'"
Me "And who said that?"
Jake: "Me. I just made it up."

12. Jake: "You're as old as pineapple, Alyssa."

13. Alyssa: "I'm never trying milk mixed with water. It probably tastes like compost."


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment