Jake (8), Alyssa (6), Zac (4), Tyler (2)
Happy Weekend! I am officially caught up with my Smiles! This week the kids raced pinewood derby cars at church (and brought home 3 trophies!), we had a double birthday party for Alyssa and Tyler, and Smiled lots.
1. Alyssa, about Tyler: "Sometimes he's just pretending to be good. He has a trouble smile."
2. Zac: "I have an idea. Today is today and later is the day before this day and tomorrow is tomorrow."
3. Zac: "The sun dries up the rain."
Me: "You're right; it does."
Zac: "Yeah, I just knowed it. Nobody told me . . . Uh, I mean, I knew it."
Jake: "Oh. Now it doesn't look appetizing."
6. I bought a new Magic Tree House book this week. Even though he still claims he doesn't really like reading, he took off to the other room with it and hid in a corner. Every time I'd walk by, he'd hide the book behind his back and try to look innocent, because he didn't want me to know that he was reading. He eventually came and sat next to me as he finished the book. He sat and read it from beginning to end, just because he wanted to.
7. Zac, while I was making dinner: "Thank you for making the so best smell in here!"
8. Jake and Alyssa made chocolate chip Heath cookies for Leighton, all by themselves. They learned a few lessons along the way, made a huge mess, and baked delicious cookies.
9. Celebrating April Fools with the kids. My favorite part was giving them chocolate milk, but switching Jake's with chilled coffee. The look on his face was hilarious.
10. Jake, sitting with his face in the open window: "Mmm, I love the smell of fresh, spring air!"
11. Zac: "Is crap a word?"
Me: "Yes, but that's not a word you should say."
Alyssa, innocently: "What does crap mean?"
Me: "It's not a nice word. I don't want you to say it."
Alyssa: "Well, they (iPad) showed us a picture of a corn field for it."
Me: "Ah, crop." The joys of new readers.
What made you Smile this week?