Friday, May 16, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 5/16/14

Jake (8), Alyssa (6), Zac (4), Tyler (2)


Happy Friday! This was one of those weeks when I wasn't very good at taking the time to write down the cute things right away. And everyone knows if you don't write it down immediately, you'll forget. I try so hard not to do that, but it happens. Even though it's a short Smile list, we did have a great week. Leighton and I went to the Tigers game and had amazing seats. (He would want everyone to know that his Twins beat the Tigers, but we won't mention that.) Tyler was his typical self: putting Goldfish crackers in my cup of water; getting yogurt from the fridge and eating it with his hands; emptying kitchen drawers; smudging the front windows with a baby wipe (trying to wash them, ha); drawing on the kitchen table, counter, and all across the couch with a dry erase marker; plugging the sink in the bathroom, filling it with water, and splashing his little feet in it . . . and that's just the beginning. Busy boy. And he's lucky he makes me Smile. 


1. Zac, matter-of-factly: "Did you know that pajamas dont have pockets? Some people say they do, but they don't."

2. Zac: "Why do you always wears rings?"
Me: "These are my wedding rings. They show people that I'm married to Daddy and that I love him."
Zac: "Oh, because married people love each other."

3. After I woke up to breakfast in bed on Mother's Day, the kids gave me cards. Zac drew a picture of his present for me. That's me holding 2 bags of money!

4. The older kids were working on their cursive handwriting. Tyler didn't want to be left out, so he grabbed a white board and marker. Every time he'd draw a line, he'd flip it around and shout, "Mama! Mama!"

5. Jake: "Who invented gum?"
Me: "Hmm, I don't know."
Jake: "I bet Papa knows. He knows almost everything."

6. Alyssa, reading: ". . . The turtle and the lizards and the snake and the dragonflies and the field mouse all sat on the river bank and waited . . . Why does the river have its own bank? Do people throw money in there?"

7. Me, suspiciously checking on Tyler because he locked himself in a room: "What did you do?"
Tyler, trying to act innocent: "No! No. No, Mom! No." 

8. Our first family walk to 7-Eleven this season.

9. Jake, because Alyssa had spent the night at my parents': "I wish Alyssa was here."

10. Zac: "Knock, knock."
Me: "Who's there?"
Zac: "Green bean."
Me: "Green bean who?"
Zac: "Green bean I'm gonna kiss you!"


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment