Friday, June 20, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 6/20/14

Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)


Happy Friday! Have you noticed all the activity on the blog this week? I've managed to post 6 out of the last 7 days! I know I won't be able to keep up that schedule, but it has been nice getting back to blogging a bit more. We've had a good week here, a little less school and a little more fun. The kids have really been great at helping out since I'm still not feeling well.

Did you have a good week, too? Why not share a funny or sweet memory with us! We'd love to Smile with you.


1. Jake: "What's for breakfast?"
Me: "Biscuits and gravy."
Jake: "Oh, I love biscuits and gravy!!! Heaven just came down to earth."


2. Zac: "I love you, Tyler."
Tyler: "Wuv you, Gacky!"

3. Alyssa, during a thunder storm, "I'm scared out of my guts already!"

4. Picking the first veggies out of the garden.

5.Instead of simply washing his hands, Tyler decided to multitask and give himself a bath, too.


6. Zac: "Mom, I have something special to say to you."
Tyler: {randomly yelling words}
Zac, yelling, trying to be heard over Tyler: "Mom! I have something special to say to you!"
Me: "What's that?"
Zac, sweetly: "I love you."

7. Listening to Tyler reprimand Zac for something and using his middle name, Allan, to show him that he was really in trouble, "Gacky Ayan! Gacky Ayan!"

8. Zac: "Mom, I think you should dye your hair light purple and black."
Me: "And why's that?"
Zac: "'Cause then people would think you look fabulous!"
Alyssa, laughing: "Don't worry, mom's hair is dying itself."
Jake: "Yeah, white."

9. Listening to Jake, who has beaten all of Mario on the Wii, teaching Alyssa, who had never played, how to play the game: "Jump. Jump. No, I said jump! Ugh! Not like that. No. Here, want me to show you? Over. Now, jump. Jump! No, JUMP!"
 
10. And then hearing Tyler help, too, "Jump, yeah! Go! Jump!"

11. Jake, sarcastically, after he watched me cross something off after I packed it: "You made a list? That's so unlike you!"


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment