Friday, November 21, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 11/21/14

Jake (8½), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½)


Happy Friday! This week, Tyler spent the night at my parents' one night which gave the other kids and me an entire day to clean and purge the basement, just in time make room to receive a huge blessing of baby gear and clothes. We had gotten rid of most of our baby stuff, so these things will help immensely.As always, we've had many reasons to Smile.


1. Zac: "Jake, what if I could juggle a gazillion balls? Would you be so proud of me?"

2. Me, reading from a book: "What birds live by your house?"
Jake: "Woodpeckers."
Alyssa: "Robins."
Jake: "Blue jays."
Me: "Sparrows, grackles, mourning doves."
Zac: "Regular birds."

3. Tyler: "This is your horsey."
Me: "Oh, it's mine?"
Tyler: "No, it's mine, actually."

4.

5. Me: "Did you hear me?"
Zac: "Yes, ma'am."
Me: "What did I say?"
Zac: "Uhhh . . . apparently I didn't."

6. Jake: "What time do police officers go to the station? 9:11! Get it? 9-1-1.

7. Alyssa, because Zac wouldn't leave her bedroom: "Pretty please with a cherry, sprinkles, and 2 more cherries on top?"  

8. The 3 older kids, watching out the window, while my mom was buckling in Tyler to head to her house: "I miss Tyler already! Can't he stay here? I'm going to miss him so much!" 

9. Jake, while he was in the basement both playing and helping me organize: "Can I go upstairs and read?"

10. Watching Tyler complete some Thanksgiving block pattern pages by himself.


11. Leighton was sitting next to me on the couch, waiting for a specific part of a demonstration video that he was watching, when the baby started moving all around and I told him to feel. A few seconds later, we looked back to the video and noticed that he had missed the part. I apologized. He said, "I can replay this {pointing to the iPad}; I can't replay that {pointing to my belly}."

12. Zac: "Maybe the baby's going to be a girl . . . because we have enough boys." 


What made you Smile this week?

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment