Friday, December 26, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 12/26/14

Jake (9), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½)


Merry Christmas! What a crazy, fun-filled week it's been. We received many blessings and spent much time with family. I love this time of year! But between weeks of bed rest and a new baby and then all the Christmas festivities, I'm ready to get back to a regular schedule again. A little less chaos and a little more normal. Though with 5 young kids, I suppose chaos is normal, haha. I hope you had a wonderful holiday as well and had many reasons to Smile.  


1. Zac, looking at fog: "Why is it blurry outside?" 

2. Jake: "You know how you can tell Santa's fake? You go visit him and he asks, 'What's your name?' He's supposed to know everybody's name."

3. Jake: "The day after the day after tomorrow is Christmas Eve!" 

4. Alyssa, sucking on a piece of paper, in a funny voice: "I think I like regular paper better."
Me: "Compared to what?"
Alyssa: "Inked."

5.

6. Jake and Alyssa read portions of the Christmas story before we opened presents on Christmas day. After Alyssa read her verses, Jake leaned over and whispered, "Good job reading. Don't worry, you'll get better at the harder words." 

7. Tyler: "Mommy, may I kiss you, please?"

8. Zac: "Isn't this so cool having a new baby? I love him so much."

9. Jake, bouncing a ping pong ball on a paddle: "I'm trying to beat my record."
Alyssa: "What is your record?"
Jake: "I don't know."

10. Zac, handing me a diaper for Nicholas, laughing: "They're so little!"

11. Tyler asks to pray every day at dinner and always says the same thing: "Jesus for our food and amen."

12.

13. The kids were playing with Nicholas when I came to take him to change his diaper. As I picked him up, Tyler said, "Hey, you no steal that baby!"

14. Tyler recognizing the number 29.

15. Jake: "I had to pick a different Nancy Drew book to read to Nicholas. The other one had ghosts in it, and I didn't want to scare him."

16. Alyssa: "I have a mute button."
Jake: "You have a mute button?!? Do you know how many times I could have used that?"

What made you Smile this week?

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment