Friday, December 5, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 12/5/14

Jake (9), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½)


Happy Friday! Not much has changed since last week; I'm still staying on the couch or in bed trying to keep baby in. As long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to (and not trying to straighten up the house and whatnot, ha) contractions are not giving me a problem. I've been trying to bide my time by Christmas shopping online, completing some projects for the kiddos, and working on various other things while resting. This week has gone by surprisingly fast. We've even been able to keep up with school because we can do it all from the couch. Yay for the flexibility of homeschooling! Lots of reasons to Smile.


1. Alyssa, after eating a fortune cookie: "Who wants to trade fortunes? I don't want mine."

2. Jake, concerned, while playing Lego Batman 2 on the Wii: "Mom, they're doing a lot of dangerous stuff."

3. Zac: "What do turkeys say?"
Me: "Gobble, gobble."
Zac, incredulously: "Gobble, gobble? I don't think that's true."

4. Jake turned 9 years old! He's been wanting the Lego DeLorean Time Machine for a really long time. He was a little excited when he open it, haha.



5. Alyssa: "When you had Tyler, I thought that was the end of all of us. I didn't think you were going to have another baby."
Me, humored: "Is that ok with you?"
Alyssa: "Mmhhmm! I loved helping you with Tyler. I can't wait to help with the new baby!"

6. Zac: "I don't think we should watch scary movies. Just regular, ordinary ones."

7. Alyssa: "My teeth itch."
Me: "How do your teeth itch?"
Alyssa, matter-of-factly: "It happens a lot."

8. Alyssa: "Does this thing record?"
Me: "No, it's an accordion, not a recordion."

9.  Since I haven't been able to do any cooking or baking the last 2 weeks, I asked the kids to make some brownies. I love that I can just hand them a recipe, leave them in the kitchen, and allow them to make a yummy treat all by themselves. There are so many benefits to teaching the kids cooking skills!


10. Alyssa: "I'll eat anything! . . . as long as it's yummy."

11. Zac: "Knock, knock."
Tyler: "Who's there?"
Zac: "Robot."
Tyler: "I love robots!"
Zac: "No, Ty, you say, 'Robot who?'"
Tyler: "Robot who?"
Zac: "Robot I love you!"
Tyler: "Oh, thank you!"



What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment