Saturday, February 7, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 2/7/15

Jake (9), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½), Nicholas (1 month)


Happy Weekend! It was a very smile-worthy week, so let's get to Smiling!


1. Zac: "You know what we need? One of those things that turns snow into air!" (a.k.a snowblower)

2. Alyssa: "Mom?"
Me: "Yes?"
Alyssa: "Uh, I don't remember. {a minute later} If I remember what I was going to say, I'll tell you."

3. Tyler: "May I have some water?"
Me: "You have water right there."
Tyler: "No, I said BUTTER!"
Me: "You want butter? On what?"
Tyler: "A 'poon."
Me: "You want butter on a spoon? Just butter? No."
Tyler: "I want butter!"
{We go back and forth a bit. no, yes, no, yes}
Me, taking out the butter: You want to eat just this with your spoon?"
Tyler, making a face: No."
Me: "Ohhh, you want peanut butter!"


4. Jake, about a Lego creation: "Why don't you ever play with this?"
Alyssa: "I don't want to."
Jake: "Then why can't I take it apart? You never even play with it!"
Alyssa: "It's value to me!

5. Jake: "Thank you for providing books every time I need them."

6. Me: "Are you my favorite 2 year old?"
Tyler: "No, I'm just Ty-Ty."
Me: "Oh, are you my favorite Ty-Ty?"
Tyler: "No, I'm Gramma's favorite Ty-Ty!"
 
7. Alyssa, disgusted: "Mom, Zac keeps saying, 'There's something in my butt and {makes obnoxious bodily noises}.'"
Me: "Zac, do you think Jesus would like that?"
Zac, confidently: "Yes."

8. Jake, about Nicholas: "It's not fair he likes you the best."

9. Jake, cuddling with the baby: "Mmm, he smells good. I wish I had an air freshener that smells like him."

10. Tyler: "I like your face, Mommy."

11. This sign on Alyssa's door:

12. Alyssa, sweetly: "May I borrow some string, please?"
Me: "For what?"
Alyssa: "To tie Zac up."
Me: "No."
Alyssa: "Ugh."

13. Jake: "When I'm a grownup, I'm going to put my kids in bed and eat chips & chili."

14. Tyler: "Mom? Mom? Mommy? Where are you? . . . Moooom? Mommy? MOM! . . . Mommy? Mooooom! Where are you?"
Me: "I'm not answering you."
Tyler: "Oh, there you are!"


 What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment