Jake (10), Alyssa (7½), Zac (6), Tyler (3½), Nicholas (1)
Merry Christmas! We've had such a wonderful week. Family, presents, food, laughs, love, and lots of LEGO. Many, many reasons to Smile.
1. Jake, in the other room: "How did you get out of my trap, Baby?"
Me, calling: "Don't wrap that around his leg. Leave your baby brother alone."
Jake, surprised: "Hey, how did you know what I was doing?"
Me: "I'm a mom."
Jake: "Ok, where did I just slap myself?"
Me: "On your cheek."
Jake: "What! How did you--Ok, now where?"
Me: "On your butt."
Jake: "Ahh! What? How do you do that?!?"
2. Tyler: "Is it yesterday yet?"
4. Tyler: "Is that a wheels waffle?"
Leighton: "That's just a standard waffle."
Tyler: "How can it stand?"
5. Me: "Why is there a potato on the floor?"
Jake, tossing it on the couch: "Look, now it's a couch potato! Haha, that joke gets me every time."
6. Zac: "You always give me a present, every day."
Me: "I do? What's that?"
Zac: "It's love."
7. Tyler, hearing the other kids ask for something: "Can I have one? Oh, I don't like it. What is it?"
9. Tyler: "My hair is getting hot."
10. Every year before we open presents on Christmas morning, we read the story of Jesus' birth in Luke 2. As the kids get older, they take turns reading portions. Zac was excited to help read it for the first time this year.
11. Tyler: "Mommy, I want to spend the night at Gramma's."
Me: "Aww, not tonight."
Tyler: "How about today?"Me: "Not today either."
Tyler: "How about tomorrow?"
What made you Smile this week?