Monday, January 4, 2016

Zac's 5th Birthday


I've posted so many Smiles the last few days that I figured it was time to break things up a bit. Don't get me wrong, you can never laugh too much, but today we can Smile at cute pictures of a little boy, instead of the cute things the little boy says. And since I've been in the catching-up-on-posts mood, I figured I would finish up a post I started a while ago: Zac's 5th birthday. Yes, he turned 6 a few months ago. This is an oldie, but a goodie.

Happy 5th Birthday, Zac!



The birthday child always gets to pick breakfast. Zac chose buttermilk pancakes with strawberry syrup, topped off with fresh whipped cream and sprinkles. Certainly not healthy, but how often do you get a birthday anyway?
 


We dropped off the other kids with my parents and spent the rest of the day together celebrating him. The kids and I look forward to their Special Day every year. I love having one-on-one time with each of them and they love choosing the agenda. 

Birthday boy's choice for lunch? McDonalds. 


 
After lunch, we made a stop at the dollar store where Zac picked out a new school workbook, markers, and a toy.



What would a Special Day be without a Toys 'R Us birthday crown and balloon? We threw in a red Hulk, just for fun.



At home, we assembled the new LEGO set he picked out at the store and then watched the LEGO Movie together.



On the way to pick up the other kiddos, we grabbed Slurpees for everyone.  I always like to bring back a treat for the others so no one feels left out.
 


Zac picked homemade personal pizzas for dinner and chocolate cake with blue buttercream frosting for dessert.



And, of course, no Leaf birthday is complete without a LEGO birthday present!




Happy 5th Birthday to my sweet, tenderhearted, selfless, loving boy.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment