Monday, June 20, 2016

Father's Day 2016


Father's Day is a special time. I've been blessed with wonderful men in my life. My husband, father, brother, and grandfather are great men--ones who love unconditionally, work hard, care for their families, give of both their time and money, and are willing to help just about anyone with just about anything. They are talented and intelligent men whom I trust beyond measure. They are wonderful examples for my boys. 

I try to teach my children all year long to honor and respect their daddy. They need to know how special he is and how hard he works to provide for them. He may not have had the example of a good father growing up, but he is that God-fearing, faithful, loving father that his own children need. He truly is a wonderful man and deserves accolades galore. We adore him.

For the past many years, I take aside the kids one by one to fill out these questionnaires.  It's one of my favorite things. Some of their answers are funny and others are sweet. All of them though were said with love. Here is my sweet husband through the eyes of our little ones.



By Jake, 10 yr:
My dad is 33 years old.
My dad weighs 135 lbs.
My dad is 6’3”.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is ribs.
My dad is really strong. He could lift 200 lbs.
My dad always says, “Get in bed.”
My dad is the best at fixing machines.
My dad's job is demolition.
My dad and I like to go to the store.
My dad really loves our bedroom to be clean.
I love my dad because I’m supposed to.
It makes my dad happy when we finish school on time.

By Alyssa, 8 yr:
My dad is 32 years old.
My dad weighs 10 lbs.
My dad is 5 ½ feet tall.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is Mom’s homemade pizza.
My dad is really strong. He could lift a train.
My dad always says, “Tyler Joseph!.”
My dad is the best at stop motion and fixing things.
My dad's job is working at Blue Star.
My dad and I like playing Legos.
My dad really loves Mom’s food.
I love my dad because he’s my dad.
It makes my dad happy when we obey.

By Zac, 6 yr:
My dad is 23 years old.
My dad weighs 60 lbs.
My dad is 6 feet tall.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is chicken.
My dad is really strong. He could lift 10 lbs.
My dad always says, “Thank you.”
My dad is the best at fixing things.
My dad's job is to work.
My dad and I like to play.
My dad really loves Mom.
I love my dad because he’s really good to me . (my favorite answer <3 )
It makes my dad happy when we’re good.

By Tyler, 4 yr:
My dad is 63 years old.
My dad weighs 20 lbs.
My dad is 100 feet tall.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is macaroni & cheese.
My dad is really strong. He could lift the TV.
My dad always says, “Go to bed.”
My dad is the best at picking up the TV.
My dad's job is work at work.
My dad and I like to tickle each other.
My dad really loves Mommy!.
I love my dad because.
It makes my dad happy when we be nice.

Happy Father's Day, Leighton! Thank you for being the very best daddy to our children. Just like Zac said, you're "really good" to us. <3 We love you and appreciate you. Lots.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment