Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day 2017


Father's Day is one of my favorite times of the year. It is always my desire to show Leighton how cherished and important he is to us. And while that's my goal throughout the whole year, there's something special about taking the time to devote all our energy to showing him our love on this special day. I want to make sure our 5 little ones love, honor, and respect him, and that example starts with me. Too often, dads gets a bad rap. They are demeaned by the entertainment industry. They are criticized on social media. They are undermined at home. I refused to bad-mouth my husband, whether it's publicly to others or privately to my children. Oh, it's not that he's perfect (I could tell you the things he does that grate on my nerves . . . but then I'd have to tell you what I do myself that annoys me, as well; we all make poor choices at times), but I believe that it's important as a wife and mother to build him up. 

Leighton is an amazing man. He experienced some difficult things growing up, but he didn't let those circumstances define him. He's patient and understanding. He's loving, faithful, and giving. He works so hard to provide all of our needs and many of our wants. He's incredibly talented and I always say there isn't anything he can't do. He leads our family well and loves the Lord. I could not ask for a better man. He is the perfect husband and father for us. He loves me and our children, and he's my favorite person in the world. 



This is our sixth year filling our these questionnaires. I sit down with the kids one-on-one to ask questions about their daddy. Some of their answers make me laugh, while others melt my heart. It is obvious that they know they are loved and love him in return. Here is my husband through the eyes our of children.


By Jake, 11 yr:
My dad is 34 years old.
My dad weighs 170 lbs.
My dad is 6’3”.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is ribs.
My dad is really strong. He could lift a (Lego) house.
My dad always says dinner is delicious.
My dad is the best at building things.
My dad's job is managing a yard for a demolition company.
My dad laughs when I make up a good joke.
My dad and I like to having Nerf wars.
My dad really loves when we obey.
I love my dad because he does stuff with us.
It makes my dad happy when we obey. 
 
 
By Alyssa, 9 yr:
My dad is 34 years old.
My dad weighs 105 lbs.
My dad is 5'3".
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is anything Mom makes.
My dad is really strong. He could lift me.
My dad always says I love you.
My dad is the best at fixing things.
My dad's job is working at Blue Star.
My dad laughs when I tell a joke.
My dad and I like to play with Legos.
My dad really loves our family.
I love my dad because he loves me.
It makes my dad happy when we clean up.
 
 
By Zac, 7 yr:
My dad is 34 years old.
My dad weighs 10 tons.
My dad is 6 feet tall.
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is meat.
My dad is really strong. He could lift 5 lbs.
My dad always says I love you.
My dad is the best at lifting stuff.
My dad's job is fixing machines.
My dad laughs when I tell him a joke.
My dad and I like to have Nerf wars.
My dad really loves Mom!
I love my dad because he’s my dad.
It makes my dad happy when one of us does something nice for him. 
 
 
By Tyler, 5 yr:
My dad is 34 old.
My dad weighs 100 lbs.
My dad is 15 feet tall. 
My dad's favorite color is green.
My dad's favorite food is biscuits and gravy.
My dad is really strong. He could lift the couch.
My dad always says clean up your room.
My dad is the best at building.
My dad's job is working.
My dad and I like to play games.
My dad really loves Mommy.
I love my dad because I love him.
It makes my dad happy when when the whole house is clean.

 

Happy Father's Day, Leighton! You are so loved and appreciated. We are blessed to call you ours.  


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment