Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Things That Make Me Smile 4/3/20

Jake (14), Alyssa (12), Zac (10), Tyler (8), Nicholas (5)


This lists covers two very busy weeks of Smiles. We celebrated two birthdays (Alyssa turning 12 and Tyler turning 8), played games, assembled puzzles, had our pizza and movie marathon as part of our Experience Christmas, got some yard work done, completed a family quarantine bingo challenge with our church youth group, roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire, built a fort in the living room, went on family walks, performed science experiments, baked muffins, read books, and created more memories. I love this family of mine!


1. Nicholas: "It's a good day to play outside. It's shiny and stuff!"

2. Tyler, chewing gum: "I haven't had this in so long. I love it so much that I want to chew my teeth off!"

3.

4. Nicholas: "I smell pink."
Me: "And what exactly does pink smell like?"
Nicholas: "Bubblegum!"

5. Tyler, about the arm-knitted blanket on my bed: "Did Alyssa make this?"
Me: "Yes."
Tyler: "Wow! How did she get that kind of skill?!"

6. Alyssa was excited to receive a quill and ink for her birthday.


7. Nicholas, because he didn't want to see something: "I'm just going to plug my eyes."

8. I walked into the kitchen first thing in the morning to find Jake at the cutting board with an apple. His hand was wrapped in a blood-saturated paper towel A bloody knife was sitting on the counter. "What did you do?!" I asked. And then he smile. That's when I remembered it was April Fool's Day.

9. Tyler had a mint Oreo ice cream cake (with trick candles, ha) for his birthday.


10. Nicholas, telling me about his dream: "And then I said, 'Don't patro-nose me."
Me: "Patronize? Did you just use patronize?"
Nicholas: "Yeah, patron-eyes."

11. Nicholas, looking at the number 69: "Look. It's the two 6s. The up one and the down one."


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment