Friday, August 10, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 8/10/12

Happy Friday!  I've been busy working on some surprises lately. I'm so excited to share them with the kids (and you all!), but I'm not quite done yet. Very soon though . . . hopefully. Have you read our happiness lists from this week? It's full of smiles, but here are some more. You can never smile too much, right?


1. We realized that we had forgotten my half-birthday. (Half-birthdays are a big deal to the kids.) I promised that we could celebrate sometime soon. (Another reason to have cake!) Jake immediately ran off. When he returned a few minutes later, he gave me a present wrapped up with a piece of paper. I opened it and found a soft caramel candy. Then he said, "I also have a jolly rancher, but I like jolly ranchers better than those caramels. So, I gave you that."

2. Zac: "I was chasing me by myself."

3. Alyssa was very upset when the family on a cartoon ate dinner but did not pray first. After the meal, the mother excused the children. Jake said, "Well, at least they do that."

4. We let Zac take his Bible to church for the first time. We decided that he was responsible enough to have it and not abuse it. I explained how special it is and that he needed to be extremely careful with it. He was very proud to be trusted to have it. Then he asked, "Is Jesus in it?"

5. Alyssa, talking into the fan to hear her "robot" voice: "Helloooo. Hello. Helloooo."
Zac: "Lyssa, it don't even have eyes."

6. Zac to Tyler: "Hi, Sweetheart Poptart!"

7. The kids and I were looking through old blog posts and came across one from Valentine's Day last year when we made and decorated sugar cookies and took them to church. Jake pointed to one and said, "I made that one for {girl from our church.} That was the time I was trying to steal her away from another guy."

8. Jake, about Tyler: "How can he not say anything? It's easy."

9. Our Sea Serpent Day

10. Zac, after getting some orange slices: "Thank you so much."

11. Jake: ". . . seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth, twenty-oneth . . ."

12 My mom and Zac have a thing where she pinches his butt and calls them her "little buns." Zac always laughs. If she asks, Whose little buns are these?" he'll answer, "Brama's!" If she forgets to pinch them, he'll tease her. "Brama, I got your little buns!" Anyway, she was pinching him and asked the question, "Whose little buns are these?" But instead of his usual response, he said, "Zachy's!" After she feigned disappointment, dejected he said, "Ok, you can have one."

13. Alyssa: "Mommy, I miss being little."


What made you smile this week???

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment