Sunday, November 25, 2012

Things That Make Me Smile 11/23/12

Happy Weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This week was so full and eventful that I didn't even remember until Friday evening that I needed to share my smiles. We've been busy decorating the house for Christmas, spending extra time with family, and baking and cooking galore. I made 3 pies (apple butter pumpkin, traditional pumpkin & double-crust apple) in 3 days and washed more dishes than I'd like to remember.  On the way home from church this afternoon, I listed everything that is scheduled for next Saturday. As we were trying to figure out how we were going to work everything in, Leighton said, "Welcome to December." On top of it all, Jake turns 7 Saturday as well. I'm sure you are equally as busy. Let's all make sure in the hustle and bustle of the season that we still find joy in the little things and take time to smile.

1. Me: "Do you know how much I love you?"
Zac: "Big."
Me: "That's right, big. How much do you love me?"
Zac: "Bigger!"

2. I went to put Tyler down for a nap. As soon as he saw his crib, he turned to me with his mouth wide open and leaned in for a kiss.  

3. After I helped Zac in the bathroom, I was kneeling next to him. He looked in the mirror, put his arm around my shoulders, and squeezed me tight. With a big cheesy smile he proclaimed, "Best friends forever!"

4. Jake got his very own library card. 

5. Alyssa: "Baby talk for saying yes is gla."

6. I heard Jake yell, "Mom! Help!"  and found him folded in half, stuck behind the couch.



7. Jake: "I don't think Tyler's much impressed with my marble."

8. Me: "Go get dressed so we can go to the library."
Alyssa: "I better not wear squeaky shoes 'cause you have to be quiet in the library."

9. Jake: "He's called the Mad Scientist because he gets mad every time someone comes over."

10. Alyssa: "This is California. We all live in California." {puts her hand to the side of her mouth and whispers} "I'm just pretending. This is just a game. I know, we actually live in Earth, but I'm pretending it's California."

11. I walked out of the bathroom with a cleansing mask on my face. Zac looked at me and said, "You look like a skeleton!"


There is so much to be thankful for! What made you smile this week?


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. #10 when you think about it sometimes. California might as well be another planet.

    ReplyDelete