Friday, December 21, 2012

Things That Make Me Smle 12/21/12

Happy Friday! This has been the baking week. The kids and I made gingerbread men on Monday and Tuesday, chocolate-covered Oreos and pretzels on Wednesday, chocolate fudge, brownies, sour cream cookies, snickerdoodles,  no-bake cookies, 2 different shapes & colors of spritz cookies, Heath bars, and half-way chocolate chip cookie bars with my mom on Thursday, and egg-yolk cut-out cookies on Friday. We make tons of goodies every year and share them with friends and neighbors. It's a tradition we all love.

Here are a few other things that made me smile this week. Don't forget to share a smile or two that you had this week, too!




1. Alyssa, about her shoes: "They won't let me put them on."

2. Alyssa: "I made up a song. {singing} Christmas, Christmas - It's not about getting toys. Christmas, Christmas - It's about Jesus."

3. Zac: I"m gonna show this to my friends."
Me: "You are? And who are your friends?"
Zac: "Whistle, and another Whistle, and Chainer, and Tichipichi, and Farnar."
Me, confused: "Really? And where did you meet your friends?"
Zac: "At school."
Me, amused: "At school? What are their names again?"
Zac: "Whistle, and Chainer, and Tichipichi, and another Whistle,  and Farnar."

4. Alyssa: "I totally think Tyler should not be in my room. He's going to distract me so I won't put away my toys. I'm just gong to want to play with him."

5. Alyssa: "I'm never going to do that. Not in my whooole life. Not until I turn 6."

6. Zac: "When you be happy, you not be sad."

7. Alyssa: "Do you remember my husband's name?"
Jake: "No."
Alyssa: "Hmm, I don't quite remember either."

8.



9. Alyssa, dreamily: "I love everything Tyler does . . . I even love when he cries. It sounds so beautiful."

10. Zac: "Mommy, is it school-time?"
Me: "No, not yet."
Zac: "Pleeeeeeaase can I do school???"

11. Zac: "Why do you wear make-up?"
Me: "Because I like it. I think it makes me look prettier".
Zac: "It doesn't make you prettier."
Me: "Oh, no? Do you think I'm pretty without makeup?"
Zac: "Yep!"

12. Leighton took the 3 older kids to buy my Christmas presents.
Alyssa: "I'm going to pick out the perfect gift for you!"
Zac: "Yeah, I'm gonna buy butter fer you."
Me: "Wow! What can I do with the butter?"
Zac: "Cut it. It's fer when you make us cookies."

13. Jake, laughing: "You know, Tyler, you look really cute, but you aren't good at playing the iPad!"

14. Alyssa: "I did it on accident or on purpose. I don't remember which one."


What made you smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment