Friday, June 30, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 6/16/17

Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9), Zac (7 1/2), Tyler (5), Nicholas (2 1/2)


Happy Friday! This week, we went bowling with friends, painted pictures, played with Legos, read books, and took things easy as we dealt with a bit of sickness. What made you Smile?


1. Tyler: "Mom, you're never lonely. God is always with you."

2. Me: "Dad is dropping off these donations, getting a movie, and picking up Chinese."
5 minutes later . . .
Tyler: "What can I eat?"
Me: "Nothing. I told you, Daddy is picking up dinner."
Tyler: "What is for dinner?"
Me: "Chinese, remember?"
Tyler: "Ohhh! I thought that was the kind of movie."

3. Jake: "What king doesn't like getting rid of stuff?"
Me: "Hmm . . . I don't know."
Jake: "King Agrippa, because he holds on to stuff." (He grips it.)   

4. Alyssa and Jake made a Lego chess set that transforms to Checkers.


5. Nicky: "I ready, Mama. I ready."
Me: "You're ready? For what?"
Nicky: "I see Papa."


6. Leighton, to Jake: "You always have epiphanies right at bed time. Have your epiphanies in the afternoon."

7. Zac: "I named my arms."
Me: "Right and Left?"
Zac: "No. This one's Strong, and this one's Mighty."

8.

9. Alyssa: "Is that soy sauce?"
Me: "No, olive oil."
Alyssa: "Oh, my next guess was going to be wine."
Me: "Wine? Why would you think that?"
Alyssa: "I don't know."
Me: "Have you ever even seen wine in our house?"
Jake: "I've seen Tyler whine."

 What made you Smile this week?
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment