Friday, July 21, 2017

Things That Make Me Smile 6/30/17

Jake (11 1/2), Alyssa (9), Zac (7 1/2), Tyler (5), Nicholas (2 1/2)


Happy Friday! This week we went to the park, did a ton of yard work, made a bunch of granola, and had a lot of Smiles.


1. Nicholas, looking at Alyssa with a giant magnifying glass in front of her face: "You so cute!"

2. Jake: "I know this is pig, because I can taste the 'oink.'"
Me: "You know that's cow, right?"
Jake: "Oh, yeah . . . but then why is it called hamburger?"

3. Zac learned to ride his bike without training wheels!

4.

5. Alyssa: "Mom, will you come with me to kill a spider?"
Zac: "I will."

6. Tyler: "I'm so glad I picked a baby brother."
Me: "You picked him?"
Tyler: "Yeah."
Me: "Why didn't you pick a baby sister?"
Tyler: "Oh, yeah, I should have!"
Jake: "You didn't actually pick him."
Tyler: "Yes, I did. I literally picked him! Don't you remember?"
Me: "How did you pick him?"
Tyler: "You asked if I wanted a baby brother or a baby sister, and I picked brother."

7. Jake: "I went to Home Depot with Papa today to get top soil and sand to fill in the pond."
Me: "They took the pond out?"
Zac: "What! Why?"
Jake: "Because they didn't want it. Besides, Gramma already killed the fish."
Zac, laughing: "Yeah, can't you just see Gramma reach in and grab a fish and stab it with a dagger! . . . Wait. Is that why you had fish for dinner tonight?"

8. Nicholas, hugging my neck: "My pincess! My pincess!"

9. I found Nicholas walking out of the kitchen with a stick of butter. I snapped his picture, and he ran away while taking a giant bite. 


10. Me, opening a bag of cinnamon: "Wow! This cinnamon is strong!"
Tyler: "Why? It won't come out of there? Like it's holding itself in the bag?"

11. Me, in frustration: "Nicholas Samuel."
Nicholas: "Nichoyas Samuel Yeaf?"

12. Nicholas: "I see Papa."
Me: "No, not today. Gramma's coming over today though."
Nicholas: "I see Papa."
Me: "Not today, sorry."
Nicholas: "Mama, look. {puts hand to mouth and gives the most pathetic cough, cough, cough} I need Papa."


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment