Friday, January 5, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 12/22/17

Jake (12), Alyssa (9 1/2), Zac (8), Tyler (5 1/2), Nicholas (3)



Happy Friday! Last week I explained that since December was jam-packed with activities and I didn't take the time to record many quotes from the kids that I would be doubling up some Smiles posts. Hmm, about that . . . as I was working on this post, I came across a bunch of Smiles in my email.(When the kids say something I want to record, I grab my phone and quickly email the quote to myself because it's fast and convenient.) So it wasn't that I didn't take the time to write them down; it's that somehow I didn't see that they were there. Maybe the days have been busier than I thought. Or maybe I'm not as organized as I'd like to believe. Ha. Either way, here is a full list of Smiles for the week. Here's to a slower pace in the month of January.     


1. Jake: "I like that word--perpendicular. I mean, who doesn't?"

2. Jake: "Is a zebra black with white stripes or white with black stripes?"
Zac: "Black with white stripes."
Jake: "No. They're pink with black and white hair."

3. We went caroling and to the teen ugly sweater Christmas party.


4. Jake: "Mom, I'm bored. Can I do the laundry for you?"

5. Tyler: "I know how to get your hands the color of peanut butter . . . Cover them in peanut butter!"

6. Nicholas: "I have someping in pantry? Oh! You get candy down for me?"
Me: "No, you're not having candy for breakfast."
Nicholas: "Pease? I give you kiss. {puckers lips and kisses me} And hug. {hugs me} Now I have candy?"
Me, laughing: "No, you're not having candy for breakfast."
Nicholas: "But I give you hug and kiss!"

7. Our annual Christmas baking day with my mom. 


8. Nicholas, watching a movie: "Aw, wook at the baby! He so cute!"

9. Tyler, sitting next to me at dinner: "I get to sit next to my favorite mommy."

10. Me: "Toddlers are trouble."
Jake: "You don't have to tell me; I've lived with 4 of them."

11. Me: ". . . my little oceanographer."
Zac: "Technically, I bet there are at least 100 people who know more about the ocean than me."



What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

1 comment: