Monday, July 22, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 7/19/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)

Happy Monday! (Yes, those two words can go together, ha.) This past week was crazy busy as we prepared for a yard sale on Saturday. We had way too much stuff. Waaay too much. The morning was very busy as there were people here constantly, but the afternoon was quite slow. A lot of people commented that it was the most organized yard sale they had ever seen. We had signs labeling everything. Big surprise, huh? I didn't have one person ask how much something cost or where to find a certain size. We sold a lot, but still have a ton of stuff left. We're going to have another sale later this season. Thankfully, most of the work is already done!

Ok, ready to Smile?


1. Somehow, I forgot to mention this last week . . . Tyler is completely infection free again!

2. Alyssa, while wearing a water mask in the house: "You look funny!"
Me: "I look funny?"

3. Me: "What kind of granola bar would you like?"
Zac: "Mushroom."
Me, confused: ". . . S'more?"
Zac: "Yeah!"

4. Me, pulling a green pepper out of the fridge: "Oh, no, it's wrinkly."
Alyssa: "You can iron it on the ironing board."

5. Alyssa, snotty: "You're a t-o-p-n."
Jake: "Do you even know what that spells?"
Alyssa: "No."

6. Zac, about the grilled cheese sandwiches: "May I have the cheese one?"

7. Alyssa, about the grilled cheese sandwiches, because Jake doesn't like cheese on most things: "Did you put cheese on Jake's?"

8. Zac, because I set out a plate of veggies: "Cool!"

9. Jake, trying to get out of eating the rest of his dinner: "But I ate one half and two quarters."
Me: "So, you ate it all?"
Jake, thinking: ". . . Oh. No." {finishes eating it all}

10. Zac: "Were you a kid when you were little?"

11. Zac: "Mommy, you're my sweet girl."

12. Alyssa, while packing to stay at my parents': "I think I'm going to need a bigger bag. This one's going to explode soon."

13. Zac, pointing to a picture "Do you know who this is?"
Me: "That's my papa; he's my grandpa."
Zac: "No. It's Papa's dad."
Me: "Yes, Papa's dad is my grandpa."
Zac: "No, it's Papa's dad."

14. Alyssa: "Mommy, when you were a little girl, did you wonder when you were going to grow up and be a mother?"
Me: "Yes."
Alyssa: "That's what I'm doing right now!"


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment