Sunday, August 18, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 8/16/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)


Happy Weekend! I've been trying to get this posted for days, but we've been having computer problems. Thankfully, my live-in tech guru (aka Leighton) fixed it last night. He's so handy.

Playing in the rain, making brownies, organizing, finding a caterpillar, and keeping up with Tyler - just some of the fun things we did this week. Did you have a good week, too?   


1. Jake: "What's that silly word on Mary Poppins?"
Me: "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."
Jake, impressed: "Wow! I didn't know you actually knew how to say it."

2. Jake, while going to the bathroom, frustrated because Zac opened the door: "Zac, you're supposed to knock on the door before you open it to see if someone is in here!"
Zac: {closes the door, knocks, and opens the door} "Can I come in?"

3. Alyssa: "Will you open the jelly, please?"
Jake, opening it: "Why don't you make yourself some muscles?"

4.

5. Hearing Zac correcting the grammar of a 7-year-old neighbor boy.

6. Alyssa told me that she adjusted her doll "just like Papa does it."

7. Alyssa, while coloring: "Can snow be yellow?"

8. Alyssa, while learning to tie shoes: "I've already learned how to untie them by myself."

 9. Pandora commercial: ". . . It doesn't have to cost more . . ." 
Zac: "Yeah, it doesn't have to cost more. . . . hahaha, I was talking to him because he was talking to me!"

10.

11. Zac calling a stegosaurus a spikeosaurus.

12. Me, about picking (and eating!) the veggies from my parents' garden while they're on vacation: "It's a hard job, but someone's gotta do it."
Zac, innocently: "But what if someone's already doing it?"

13. Zac, handing me a star "cookie": "Eat it for fake 'cause it's a playdough one."

14. Jake, while discussing his life's purpose: "I know why God made you and Dad. Because you're a perfect match."


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment