Friday, August 2, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 8/2/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)


Happy Friday! We went to Maker Faire Detoit on Saturday. The kids had so much fun building and creating. I'm sure there will be a post about it . . . someday, ha. We had a big get-together at my grandparents' house on Monday. It's always a good time with family. The rest of the week was pretty typical with school, church, making plenty of messes, and having lots of fun.


1. Zac, about a cookie: "Isn't it pretty?"

2. Jake, while making chocolate chip cookies completely by himself, using my Kitchenaid: "When I'm older and know more about electronics, I'm going to create my own mixer. It will lock while it's up so it doesn't fall down while you're scraping the beater off. I'm going to make it just for you."

3. Gramma: "Do you want cinnamon bread?"
Jake: "No, thank you."
Alyssa: "It's Mom's bread."
Jake: "Yes, please!"

4.

5. Jake, about Blueberry Frosted Mini Wheats: "This kind of cereal makes your mouth go wow."

6. Me, about a sleeping bag: "What color was the inside? Was it plaid?"
Zac: "No, it was squares."

7. Jake & me: "Blue."
Jake: "Jinx! You owe me an experiment."

8. Jake: "Hey, Mom, did you know that I can break a door down?"
Me: "No, I guess I really didn't know that."
Jake: "Well, I can. If there's a door I can break down, just let me know and I'll show you."

9. Me: "Why are you dropping that food on the floor?"
Zac, matter-of-factly: "So you sweep it up and throw it in the garbage can."

10.


11. Jake: "I love mystery books. When I need ideas for my birthday or Christmas list, I'm going to put mystery books."

12. Zac: "Mommy, you're the best baker ever!"

13. Jake, tattling on Alyssa: "She's cheating more than I am!"


What made you smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment