Friday, August 23, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 8/23/13

Jake (7½), Alyssa (5), Zac (3½), Tyler (1)

Happy Friday! It's been such a fun week - spent time with my brother and family, watched the kiddos try to catch their chickens and turkeys, went with them to the Armada fair, found some baby squirrels in our yard, baked a bunch of zucchini goodies, and enjoyed just being together.


1. Alyssa: "Tyler had his eyes open while we were praying!" 

2. Zac, while grocery shopping: "I smell something."
Me: "What do you smell?"
Zac: "The wind. I smell the wind."

3. Zac, after a turkey, that Leighton was holding, started flapping its wings and hit him in the face: "That's why God shouldn't have given them wings."

4.

5. Zac: "My shirt smells warm."

6. Alyssa: "I'm a fast washer-hander."

7. Zac: "Hey birdie!!!"
Me: "Zac, you can't yell at them."
Zac: "But I want the birdie to come here."
Me: "But if you yell, the birdies will be scared and just run away.
Zac: "You mean fly away?"

8. Alyssa read to me for 45 minutes, just because.

9. Zac, about his melting candy bar: "Can you wash it off?"

10. Zac, licking the sugar off the brown sugar bear: "What's this for?"
Me: "You get it wet and it keeps the brown sugar soft."
Zac: "I'm getting it wet for you!"

11. Jake, watching me apply makeup: "Are you wearing base?"
Me: ". . . Foundation?"
Jake: "Yeah, well, they mean the same thing."

12. Zac: "The moon is glow-in-the-dark."

13. Alyssa, helping Zac write his numbers: "It's a little crooked right here."
Me: "That's ok. He's still learning."
Alyssa: "I know. I'm just saying it's not perfect. And that's ok. I'm not perfect either."
Jake: "And I'm not perfect."
Me: "I'm not perfect either."
Alyssa: "Dad's perfect."


What made you smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment