Monday, June 18, 2018

Father's Day 2018


I love Father's Day. I hope to always show Leighton how loved and appreciated he is throughout the whole year, but it is extra special to set aside a day to honor him. The kids make him cards, we buy him gifts, I cook his requested meal for dinner, and we always have cinnamon rolls for breakfast. 

Leighton works so hard for our family. He provide for our needs monetarily and makes it possible for me to stay home to raise and educate our children. If anything is broken around the house, he fixes it. If I want something built, he makes it. He's our leader, our protector, our provider. He is so talented, so intelligent, so creative. I often say there isn't anything he can't do. And while he did not have the best example growing up, he himself is an amazing father. His children know that he loves them, he loves their mother, and he loves the Lord. Not only do they hear it, but they see that love in action. 

I don't think they understand just yet how blessed they are to have a father like that and to grow up in a strong and loving home. But I do pray that they follow his example and become just like him.



One of my favorite things every year is completing these questionnaires with the kids. It's so special to hear their answers and to see their daddy through their eyes. 


By Jake, 12 yr

My dad is 35 years old.

My dad weighs more than me.

My dad is 5'11" tall.

My dad's favorite color is green.

My dad's favorite food is Mom's.

My dad is really strong. He could lift enough.

My dad always says "be good for your mother tomorrow."

My dad is the best at being my dad.

My dad's job is destroying things.

My dad laughs at non-sarcastic jokes.

My dad and I like to go to the store.

My dad really loves when we clean up the house and listen to Mom.

I love my dad because I do.

It makes my dad happy when we listen to Mom.



By Alyssa, 10 yr

My dad is 35 years old.

My dad weighs 75 pounds.

My dad is 6'2 tall.

My dad's favorite color is green.

My dad's favorite food is anything Mom makes.

My dad is really strong. He could lift me.

My dad always says "I love you."

My dad is the best at anything to do with tools.

My dad's job is to be the saftey guy.

My dad laughs at stuff we do.

My dad and I like lots of stuff.

My dad really loves his family.

I love my dad because he loves me.

It makes my dad happy when we obey.


By Zac, 8 yr

My dad is 35 years old.

My dad weighs about 76 pounds.

My dad is 5'8 tall.

My dad's favorite color is green.

My dad's favorite food is meatloaf.

My dad is really strong. He could lift 25 pounds.

My dad always says "I love you."

My dad is the best at fixing machines. (That was an easy one.)

My dad's job is computer work.

My dad laughs when he hears a funny joke.

My dad and I like to watch movies.

My dad really loves meat.

I love my dad because he's my dad.

It makes my dad happy when we have a clean house (because that's what makes Mom happy.)



By Tyler, 6 yr

My dad is 35 years old.

My dad weighs 55 pounds.

My dad is 100 inches tall.

My dad's favorite color is green.

My dad's favorite food is cinnamon rolls.

My dad is really strong. He could lift 100 lbs.

My dad always says "clean up your room."

My dad is the best at working.

My dad's job is working.

My dad laughs at jokes.

My dad and I like to go swimming.

My dad really loves Mommy.

I love my dad because.

It makes my dad happy when he's with Mommy.



By Nicholas, 3 yr

My dad is free (3) years old.

My dad is like dis! tall.

My dad's favorite color is red.

My dad's favorite food is fwimp! and muffrooms! (shrimp and mushrooms)

My dad is really strong. He could bwing the Duplos up here!

My dad always says "I love you" to Mom and kissing Mommy.

My dad is the best at going at the store.

My dad's job is ride a horsey.

My dad laughs at a hat.

My dad and I like to ride our bikes.

My dad really loves me and he can hold you me.

I love my dad because!

It makes my dad happy when he play the Xbox guy.




Happy Father's Day, Leighton! You are the perfect husband and father for our family. We love you and appreciate you so very much.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment