Friday, August 24, 2018

Things That Make Me Smile 6/8/18


Jake (12 1/2), Alyssa (10), Zac (8 1/2), Tyler (6), Nicholas (3) 


Happy Friday! This week, Zac made a s'mores pie, the kids created many art masterpieces, we made a couple batches of triple berry jam, we read together, we celebrated Jake's half birthday, and we enjoyed the more relaxed schedule of summer.


1. Alyssa: "Are our forefathers our first four presidents?"

2.  Me: "Tyler, don't be gross."
Tyler, amazed: "How did you hear me?!"
Me: "I'm a mom."
Jake: "Moms see and hear everything. It's a matter of fact."
Alyssa: "Did you go to mom school to learn that?"

3. We spent the day at the Detroit Zoo.


4. Nicholas: "Mommy, I want to hold you."
Me: "You do?"
Nicholas: "Yes, sir."

5. Alyssa: "Each book is a new world for me to discover."

6. We spent an evening at the park with a picnic dinner and geocaching.


7. Nicholas: "And I going to Gramma's?"
Me: "No, just Alyssa. It's Alyssa's turn."
Nicholas: "Ugh, not agaaaain!"

8. Lady at the ice cream shop: "Are these all your kids?"
Me, smiling: "Yes."
Lady: "That's fantastic! You don't see that anymore."

9. Tyler, roasting marshmallows: "The black (burnt) ones are my favorite. I've never had them like that before, but I know that I love them."

10. Alyssa made a lemon meringue pie completely by herself.


11. Jake: "I'm going to buy a Lamborghini when I grow up and not worry about getting a house. I'll just live in your basement."

12. Nicholas: "I not bigger enough yet."

13. Jake: "I'm never going to get married. I don't talk to people. Wait, Dad didn't talk a lot in college, right?"
Me: "Right."
Jake: "Well, he didn't talk and he got someone like you. I'm going to try that."


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment