Jake (7), Alyssa (5), Zac (3), Tyler (1)
Happy Friday! Leighton and the kids took me to dinner for Mother's Day and gave me 2 bouquets of flowers, many cards, a beautiful necklace, and lots of hugs and kisses. Alyssa and I went to a banquet at church and then spent some time shopping and doing girl stuff. We ate our first strawberry from our plants, planted some seeds for the garden, built an entire city out of blocks, made cookies, listened to the story of Robinson Crusoe for kids, and made plenty of messes. I hope your week was just as eventful.
Do you have a Smile to share, too? We'd love to hear it!
1. Jake, while playing a game: "Ugh, I put mom in there, but it didn't do anything."
Me: "What do you need?"
Jake: "Something sweet."
2. Zac: "Liar, catch on fire! Pumpkin eater!"
(Cheaters and liars are kinda one-and-the-same, right?)
3. Zac: "What's your middle name?"
Zac: "What's your side name?"
4. Jake: "I'm going to make mine the biggest!"
6. Zac: "I'm going to marry Cinderella."
Me: "I know. You just love her."
Zac: "Yeah. When's she gonna be real"
7. Zac, about a fly in the house: ""We're surrounded! We need to find a new house!"
Me: "We need to move to a new house because of one fly?"
Zac: "No, there's LOTS of flies outside trying to come in!"
8. Zac: "When someone's a cheater, he cheats."
9. Zac: "Mommy, you can have the rest of my cake."
Me: "Aw, thank you."
Zac: "Am I a sweetheart?"
10. After Tyler woke up from his nap, Zac went in the room to play with him before I got him out of bed. After a few minutes of Zac being silly he said, "That's it. If you're not laughing, I'm going away."
11. Jake, reading this book : "There was once a little boy who lived in a little cabin on a little farm in a little clearing on a little creek. Wow, that a lot of littles."
12. Zac: "I love you. I never pull your hair."
13. Jake, while listening to The Name Game song: "Is this Latin?"
14. Alyssa, pointing to a picture of Wonder Woman: "That's you!"
What made you smile?