Saturday, January 7, 2012

We're in Trouble . . .

We're in trouble . . . and that's an understatement. 

If you've read the blog for any amount of time now, you'll know just how much little Zachy, our 2 year old, loves food. Some people eat to live. He lives to eat. He's always been our solid, chunky little boy. While the other 2 kids weighed 6 lb 8 oz and 6 lb 4 oz when they were born, he weighed in at a whopping 7 lb 15 oz. The other 2 are still super skinny, super tiny. He is . . . not. We've had people ask if he and Alyssa are twins even though there are 19 months between them. 

Not only is he built bigger, he eats to maintain that figure, as seen here and here and here and here. He learned many months ago how to open the refrigerator door. There was a black cloud hovering that day as I envision my grocery bill rising each time he ventured into the kitchen.

But this week, we experienced something even more monumental, maybe even worthy of 2 black clouds . . . Zac figured out how to open the pantry door. What? No big deal, you say? This child already gets into everything, like here and here and here. In his eyes, the pantry is a food shrine. It attracts him like lint to a black skirt or rain to a clean car or kids to anything disgusting.

Again I say, we're in trouble.


"Oh, hi, Mom. I'm not getting in trouble. See how innocent I look?"


 "What? I'm not supposed to play in the pantry? But see how cute I am?"


Yep, he was definitely quite proud of himself.

 
 And quickly turned mischievous.


After a few minutes, I heard a click and then "Mommy! Mommy! I stuck!" I got a good chuckle and took my time releasing him from his food prison. Then he thought it was funny, and closed it again and again.






Yep. We're in trouble.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment