Friday, March 29, 2013

Things That Make Me Smile 3/29/13

Jake 7yr, Alyssa 5yr, Zac 3yr, Tyler 1yr 


Happy Friday! This week has been filled with many ups and downs. I could try to explain how I feel, but instead, I'll share the song I've had stuck in my head the last few days. 

I've got joy
Down in my heart,
Deep, deep down in my heart.
J - O - Y
Down in my heart,
Deep, deep down in my heart.
 

No matter what, I do have joy. And that is plenty reason to smile.

1. Me: "Why don't you go get a kleenex?"
Zac: "I'm pretending my hand is a kleenex."

2. Zac calling cantaloupe camelope.      

3. Jake, holding a folded piece of paper: "Here. Feel this."
Me: "It feels warm."
Jake: "What else?"
Me: "Ooh, it's smooth."
Jake: "It's warm, but kinda wet. I had it in my shoe."

4. Me, emptying the dishwasher (Jake's chore): "I expect to hear a great big thank you."
Jake, excited: "Thank you! . . . {confused} For what?"

5. Our baby turned one!

6. Me: "Ugh, why didn't this print properly?"
Jake: "You need to show it who's boss. And who is the boss?"
Zac: "Daddy!"

7. Zac: "That tastes like yellow."

8.



9. Jake, while washing dishes, holding the cookie scoop: "Hey, I know how this works. This part moves like this. And then this part . . ." {goes on to explain the whole process}
Alyssa: "Just wash it already." 

10. Alyssa: "I can't wait til Easter!"
Jake: "I can't wait for the egg hunt!"
Alyssa: "I can't wait to find my Easter basket!"
Jake: "I can't wait to hear the story about Jesus rising again. That's what I'm really looking forward to."

11. Jake, to Tyler: "You're a funny little baby, mister." 


13. Zac: "Mommy, you look pretty. You look really pretty."
Me: "Thank you!"
Zac: "You look really, really so pretty."
Me: "Thank you!"
Zac: "You look lots pretty, Mommy."


What made YOU smile this week???


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment