Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Is for Art

I am so excited to be blogging through the alphabet! My friend Marcy started this meme a while back and it looked like so much fun. You know how I am though, since I didn't start the first week, I personally couldn't start partway through. That would just be wrong. I was happy to see that she was starting again. And since it's week 1, I can participate!

So even though we're camping, here I am sitting beside the lake, typing. The sun is warm, the breeze is cool, and I'm thinking about art. (Or at least I was sitting by the water basking in the sun . . . a week ago. How am I ever going to keep up with all 26 letters when it's taken me all week with just the first one. sigh.) Art is such a big part of our lives. Not looking at fancy art in a gallery or anything, but creating our own. The kids can make art with just about anything. You can hand them a pile of scraps, and they'll turn it into something beautiful.


You don't need expensive supplies to create masterpieces. Here is a list of art projects that we've made using regular household items.






So much fun and so decorative! They're well on their way to becoming high-demand artists!


What other common objects do you like to use for creating art???



Still need more ideas for art projects? Click on our Make It Monday tab for oodles of artsy fun. And make sure to stop by Blogging Through the Alphabet to find other A words.

Blogging Through the Alphabet
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment